Planned giving through JF&CS makes you a permanent partner with one of the most stable and effective charitable organizations in America. Your planned gift, given now, ensures that local people will be served, and local concerns addressed, well into the next century. Your planned gift can also result in financial security for you and your family.
Depending on the option chosen, benefits may include:
- Income payments for life
- Income and estate tax deductions
- Avoidance of capital gains taxes
With any option comes the knowledge that you are helping your community while helping yourself!
Different planned giving options include:
- Outright Gifts of Cash, Securities or Appreciated Property - A direct contribution of cash, stock or property is the easiest way to make a planned gift to JF&CS through its Endowment Fund. This helps the agency meet its current needs, as well as extending the impact of your gift well into the future.
- Named Funds - An outright gift or pledge of $10,000 or more endows a Named Fund at JF&CS, giving you the opportunity to honor your family or someone you love in a significant, lasting way.
- Bequests - Naming JF&CS in your will or adding a codicil to your will is the most popular way to make a planned gift. If you do this, we would love to hear about it so we can thank you!
- Life Income Gifts - Charitable Remainder Annuity Trusts or Unitrusts give you the security of fixed, predictable income during your lifetime, with remaining assets directed to support the work of JF&CS.
- Life Insurance - You can transfer ownership of a life insurance policy to JF&CS, or make JF&CS the beneficiary of the policy. This is an affordable way to guarantee a sizable legacy to the agency.