Here are some helpful websites and articles relating to issues you might be facing. We hope you find them useful.
- The National Institute of Mental Health provides a wealth of mental health resources : www.nimh.nih.gov
- Georgia Crisis and Access Line: 24/7 emergency help for mental health, drug or alcohol problems: 1-800-715-4225.
- The National Association of Social Workers (NASW) is the largest membership organization of professional social workers in the world, with 150,000 members: www.socialworkers.org
- The American Psychological Association works to advance the creation, communication and application of psychological knowledge to benefit society and improve people’s lives. : www.apa.org
- The American Counseling Association is dedicated to the growth and development of the counseling profession and those who are served. : www.counseling.org
- The mission of the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence (NCADV) is to organize for collective power by advancing transformative work, thinking and leadership of communities and individuals working to end the violence in our lives. : www.NCADV.org
- The National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) is the largest nonprofit organization in the United States working to prevent eating disorders and provide treatment referrals to those suffering from anorexia, bulimia and binge eating disorders and those concerned with body image and weight issues. : www.nationaleatingdisorders.org
- If you need support or resources for a loved one or friend with mental illness please visit www.NAMIGA.org or www.NAMI.org