Volunteers are called upon for very important roles and in many programs act in the same way as the staff. We ask that our volunteers agree to be vetted in the same way by completing the required paperwork, policy review and background checks. This allows us to feel confident that we are providing a safe and comfortable environment for our clients. Below we have defined what is required for our volunteers based on the nature of their volunteer role. Volunteers will be asked to attend a brief orientation before being placed in their volunteer role where the additional policies will be reviewed.
Please note that individuals receiving clinical or case management services at JF&CS are not permitted to volunteer during that time. JF&CS does not accept court-ordered volunteers.
Level 1 Volunteer: Behind the Scenes
- Fill out Volunteer Interest form on the Get Started page
- Receive Volunteer Intake Packet via email, complete & submit electronically
- Attend Volunteer Orientation
- Review and sign agency policies
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Level 2 Volunteer: Client Connections and Lasting Friendships
In addition to Level 1, Level 2 volunteers must complete all of the following:
- Background check consent form
- Drug screen
- Finger print check (if volunteering with DD-TFI only)
- Program Manager interview
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Staff supervised client meeting (as applicable)
* Does include all administrative volunteers for the Ben Massell Dental Clinic.